Established in 1971 and encompassing 725 acres of unique property, the Bubolz Nature Preserve is dedicated to developing a sound environmental ethic in persons of all ages through education, recreation and conservation, while promoting a strong sense of overall wellness and appreciation of nature.
Position: Event Assistant
Location: Appleton, WI
Position Type: Full Time – Salaried
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Bubolz Nature Preserve is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill the role of Event Assistant. This position will provide assistance in the execution of facility rentals, event coordination and client interaction.
- event planning and understanding policies to detail small events
- ensuring prompt and efficient communication with customers while also ensuring the highest level of customer service
- understanding Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and the ability to create BEO’s for events
- maintain bar inventory, stock, equipment, set up & schedule bartending staff
- availability to work an irregular schedule as required to ensure proper coordination of events and activities scheduled
- increasing and growing utilization of The Lodge and other preserve facilities to achieve self-sustaining business goals
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of at least 2 years’ experience in customer service and related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and work under pressure
- Upbeat, energetic and positive attitude
- Highly motivated, personable, articulate and diplomatic
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with both external and internal customers
- Strong ability to work independently, yet enthusiastic to be part of a team
- A passion for the outdoors and ultimately the preserve’s mission
- Ability to effectively communicate the preserve’s mission and purpose
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate regular evening and weekend hours
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 4815 N. Lynndale Dr. Appleton, WI 54913. No phone calls or in-person visits please.
Complete Job Description HERE
Position: Custodian/Banquet Set-Up
Location: Appleton, WI
Position Type: Part Time – average of 10 hrs. /week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- room set up for weddings, programs, special events
- set-up/tear-down of equipment and cleaning associated with preserve programs/events
- ensuring both levels of the Environmental Center are thoroughly cleaned
- emptying trash and recyclables to dumpsters
- ensuring janitorial closets are clean, organized and fully stocked
- assessing and cleaning outer facilities including: Environmental Center decks and patios, restrooms, Amphitheater, Sugar Shack, Schoolhouse and Log Cabin
How To Apply: Send resume to Events@BubolzPreserve.org or mail to 4815 N. Lynndale Dr. Appleton, WI 54913. No phone calls or in-person visits please.
Complete job description HERE.